Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Master Bedroom (totally just from Mom.)

The Cat approves.
We haven't forgotten about our project, promise.  It's just that the daughter has left me and gone on vacation for two weeks, and it just isn't as much fun without her. :(  BUT...I did get something done I've been meaning to do for a while...

Inspired by THIS pin, (and admittedly, several others...) I wanted to do over my master bedroom.  Keep in mind the budget is very tight, so I had to get creative, and I'm pretty sure that some of this will evolve over the next few weeks as I find what I want in the right stores...but so far, I can see the bedroom floor, and I'm LOVING the black and white with splashes of yellow. It just feels - well, bright and new.



I was going to use splashes of red, and I suppose I still could, it's amazing that when you have such a clean color palate (black and white) you can change the look entirely with one focus color.  For someone that changes colors when they change moods - this seems to be a really inexpensive way to do that.

I got the bedroom set SUPER cheap at a home store here in Phoenix called "Home Goods" they sell name brand stuff at severely discounted prices.  I have no idea what brand this one was, just that I liked it.  I had most of the pillows (The three black ones came with the comforter) and I got the yellow throw at Target.  The "headboard" is made of curtain sheers. I'm pretty sure I'm going to find a heavier fabric, and one that's much longer...but for now they work. I'll also be making a headboard soon, but I need the husband to bring my Yukon home so I can go get a big piece of lumber from Home Depot.  Perhaps I'll also have to look for sales on towels and such so the master bathroom can get a face lift too :) It's been blue and red for too long I think.  That is, if 14 years is too long...

My baby girl comes home tomorrow, and then we will be back into the swing of things :)  Until then, here's my solo Pinterest Project. I'm pretty happy about it.  Not sure what the spousal unit thinks yet, but I'll let you know.

Yes,  this is before.  Moms out there, does your room also become the dumping ground???

I'm so embarrassed.  Mom,please don't look. Now would be a good time to close your eyes.

After...Ahhhhhhh..(Mom, open your eyes now...)..sweet and clean.  And don't you love the yellow?
 (Black curtains to follow soon...)

Sadly, I can't move the desk or large wardrobe myself.  And yes that is the Christmas tree.  People in Arizona don't use attics or garages to store things that might melt.  They apparently use the master bedroom.


2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle! Can't wait to tackle another room :) (I'm sure the spousal unit can, but I can't!)

      Delete

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang