Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dollar Store Cake Stands

Original Pin Here.

From the Mother:

This pin was totally for me.  100% no questions asked.  What would a teenager do with cuppycake stands anyway? Since I have a cuppycake business, and since we have a few events where we will be catering in the near future, I was looking for inexpensive ways to display our creations.  This. Was. Perfect.

The teenager definitely helped. She took pictures and mocked me openly while I struggled with centering the candlesticks on the plates.  Teenagers are so helpful, aren't they?



I made several.  I made two glass versions and three plastic versions.  I like them all. I like them a lot.  And, while I have not yet used them for cuppycakes, I have used them for vegetable platters and for cheese and crackers.


So to total craft cost me 5 dollars per stand, if you don't figure in the cost of the Gorilla glue.  If you insist on knowing the cost of the glue, it was $4.98.  I bought the plates and candlestick holders at the dollar store or at Target in their Summer Clearance bin, the glue I got at Target, but it is also available at the home improvement store. Just make sure you get a glue that will bond glass to glass or glass to plastic, that's very important, if you want them to hold together, that is.  They are fantastic, and I can't wait to use them at the upcoming cuppycake catering jobs.




Pardon the Target bag in the background...





Done!  I'll try to re-post when I have cuppycakes on them.  I figure we can use the top bowl for business cards at an upcoming expo :)


1 comments :

  1. So pretty much love this blog.. I love seeing people ACTUALLY using what they find on pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang