Thursday, August 2, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Nilla Wafer Sammiches (With Sprinkles)

Original Pin Here.

From the Mother (who did this pin all by herself, without the knowledge of the daughter because she was hungry, these looked good, and apparently teenagers sleep until like noon in the summer time.):

Who doesn't like Nilla Wafers?  These things have got to be on the list of the top ten most perfect inventions ever.  Seriously, right up there with the telephone and sliced bread.

I saw these today on Pinterest while I was waiting at the car wash for my car to be finished (entirely different story there).  Even with three televisions broadcasting the 2012 Olympics from London and one showing whatever crime drama shows at 10 AM on A&E, I still decided Pinterest was a much better use of my time.  



So, there they were.  Pinned by my best friend and staring back at me reminding me of two things: 1) I love Nilla Wafers and 2) I was starving.  So, once the guy at the car wash waved the little towel above his head signaling that my car was done, I booked it to the grocery store for provisions.  Believe it or not, we were out of Nilla Wafers, bananas, peanut butter, sprinkles AND milk (the last one wasn't needed for these, but we were out of it.)

I brought all the ingredients in and started assembling right away while the child-like minions put away the rest of the groceries.  (Just a friendly reminder...never shop hungry...) and in no time, I had a fun, healthy-ish snack for the kiddos to enjoy...as soon as they finish their chores.

Until then, they are all mine.

And one or two for my BFFL.

Maybe.








I added a little dollop of peanut butter on top of each banana slice too, for the top cookie to stick to.


I popped them in the freezer for a few minutes before eating. 
Made them tasty, and cold, a good summer day snack.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang