Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hot Buttered Pretzels

From the Mom:

To be honest, today I wanted something simple, easy - no baking or heating up the house involved.  It is 110 degrees here, and there are a lot of other things around the house that need doing.  BUT, I'm starving, and honestly, a soft salt and buttered covered pretzel sounds amazing and a trip to Wetzels Pretzels would require going out in the aforementioned heat.  Plus, the teenager really wanted to do pretzels today, who am I to deny her that?




We got all the ingredients together, minus the coarse sea salt.  We didn't have any, and that's okay, because we have Kosher salt, and that's almost as good...sort of.  The directions called for dipping the shaped pretzels in a soda water bath too, which scared me a little.  I hate the flavor of baking soda and worry that it might carry through to the pretzels.  Turns out it just made them crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  Who knew?

When it came to shaping the pretzels, we both proved to be naturals at it, although I think my technique proved to need a little more practice than hers.  I'm going to say it's because she has nimble fingers, and is young, and has better eyesight.  Anyway, they turned out amazing - and nobody ended up with flour or cornstarch on their faces this time.  Possibly because she measured everything out into a bowl before I could get there, sneaky little devil.

From the Daughter:

I wanted pretzels nothing else. But instead mom told to find something simple and easy that you can hardly write about it. As I am typing I'm eating one right now....mmmmm...... Am I making you hungry? Oh, I am sorry. Before today,I made pretzels and it didn't require baking soda. That scared me a little bit, but its turned out fine. I am ask to make it and see how it taste. I would describe it but I don't want you drooling  on your computer and you probably don't want that to happen either. All I can stay it was that good. Enjoy!!!
















1 comments :

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang