Monday, June 25, 2012

Borax Bouncy Balls

From The Mom:

Pinterest (n):  The place where women go to find a whole bunch of crafty and organizational ideas that they are NEVER going to use for their home.

Of course, it can also be used for mother-daughter bonding time of AWESOMEness.  Or at least, that's what we plan to do with it.  First up?  Bouncy balls. Made at home. From Scratch. Sounded easy, looked easy, we were pretty sure we couldn't mess it up...so why not.  Plus, my idea of using the "clean all the baseboards in the house and wipe them down with bounce dryer sheets to repel future dirt" got vetoed.  Not sure why.



I have to say, it was fun trying.  It reminded me of the times when I was little and my mom used to "let" me play in her kitchen with all the fun ingredients trying to mix up something clever and cool.  Except, this time there was no immediate adult supervision - unless you count me - which I don't.

We followed the instructions to the letter (the original pin can be found here) and honestly, I'm not sure where we went wrong, but um...let's just say failure. I'm pretty sure it was me and not my amazingly talented and smarter daughter, although, she is the one that ended up with cornstarch on her face.  Honestly, I have no idea how it got there.

From the Daughter:


I thought this experiment was going to be a success but instead it became a failure. This original pin looked so easy, simple and fun. I was going to test the bigger the ball the higher its bounce and the same the little one  but unfortunately it didn't turn out as we expect. 


This experiments directions calls very little ingredients. I think that was one of the problem or just very little experience. The bouncy balls in the pin was clear and colorful but instead our was floury, soft, and dirty type. But what can we do about it?  Maybe in the future we find something that's out of scratch and a little more complicated maybe? 


 But a least we had fun in the process. At one point I got cornstarch on my face(Mom).....anyways the point is to have fun. Including my siblings had fun recording, taking pictures, and watching us. 


This Bouncy Ball pin: Failure







0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang