Friday, June 29, 2012

Bleach Shirt Designs

Original Pin HERE.

From The Mother:

Okay, these things are just cool.   Since the original pin was a little short on instructions (I can't blame her, it's a pin from an Etsy shop), we had to try and figure it out ourselves.   We had some old shirts laying around, so there was no worry if we ruined them, and found our stencils online by searching for silhouette images.

All of the kids quickly chose their pictures, and then we had to change their minds - I'm not doing a four stage rainbow with sparkles, thankyou - and settled on a lion, a castle, a butterfly and a princess crown.  We guessed on the bleach spray, we used a 3 to 1 ratio, bleach to water and it acted fairly quickly...with the exception of the princess crown which we had to spray and then put in the sun to get it to change color.



Personally, I like the way the lion came out the best.  We just used cardstock for the designs though and I really think that next time we'll use contact paper that sticks to the shirt so the bleach can't work it's way under the design...of course I like the mottled look that it gave so, maybe we won't.

Either way, they turned out amazing - and I have plans to make two dark pink ones with cupcakes on them for my business partner and me...

From the Daughter:

By the way, mom would use the lion as the example because it's her favorite. Well it's alright, I didn't much do anything because my mom did all the work mainly. Also I'm not much a clothes person,well picky on certain things or as long it matches. This pintrest is mainly a one person job.

*another note from Mom*

I used the lion because a) yes it's my favorite but mostly because b) it's the only one that got pictures of every step *tongue sticky out face*....And she did two shirts herself, I did two...not sure how that constitutes into me doing all the work ;)











0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Master of Mom Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang